Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Away

I have been away from home for almost a week now. I am missing my pillows and my garden. Please tell me you are ok Mr. Garden. I have been eating and drinking my way through Atlanta, Savannah and now Lake Toxaway. Savannah was another wedding weekend. Lots of cake and wine!

While at the wedding eating out was rare. However I did manage to visit Harris Baking Company and Savannah Bee Company. Harris Baking Co has a savory tart filled with caramelized onions and bacon that is to die for and their bread is made inhouse. The bread is fabulous. In fact bring some home for your puppy sitter, they will offer to take care of your dog anytime. (Sorry family I did not make it home with any. I am terrible.)

Savannah Bee Company has a store located intown. The store offers a tasting of their honeys, which I highly recommend. I never knew the difference between Tupelo Honey and Orange Blossom before my visit. Plus when do you ever get the chance to participate in a honey tasting? Some friends bought a bag of honey roasted coffee beans and a little jar of whipped honey. If you have never tried whipped honey I insist you march out and find some. It is divine! Smooth and delicate. The honey man suggested spreading the honey on dark chocolate and then sprinkle it with cinnamon. B & G can we please try this when I come visit!?! Also a cup of the coffee in the morning would be great. I'll bring the puppy, cross my heart.

Now I am up in the mountains for a bit of relaxation and detox. More so I need to figure out what I am going to do with myself/life. Suggestions are welcome.

The oven is out up here so we are grilling and sauteing. Last night we grilled rib eye pork chops and made a broccoli salad. This is not your southern mayo filled salad. It is a salad started with sauteing garlic, onions, red pepper flakes and red bell peppers. Throw in broccoli, white wine and some stock after the onions have caramelized. Right before the broccoli is done add a couple of handfulls of spinach. When the spinach has wilted top the salad with avocado, basil, pepitos and feta. So good!

Tonight filets, chard and possible some pan roasted carrots.

Headed to Greenville for the weekend! Home sweet home.

J-Sorry no pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I tried the honey on some dark chocolate. It's yummo! Your honey roasted cup of coffee is waiting for you. Just say when.

    ReplyDelete