Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A day of cooking

This past weekend we were in south Georgia for a family wedding. BEAUTIFUL! A weekend of catching up with old friends and making new ones. Eating delicious food, drinking and story telling. I indulged in ribs, lamb chops, white beans, shrimp and grits, crab cakes, mini desserts and way too many cocktails. I am still exhausted from the festivities. Sorry no pictures, I promise I will try to be better about pulling out the camera/phone.

After an entire weekend of eating out I spent all day yesterday cooking. Well not all day but after a trip to the store and then cooking it was a full day.
First up I roasted a local chicken for our lunches this week. I rubbed and stuffed the chicken with thyme, rosemary and pineapple sage from my garden. A lemon, garlic and an onion made it into the mix. Yum yum yum.










Then made stock out of the the carcass for the curry I am making tonight.

Dinner was fresh caught halibut pan seared Ad Hoc style and finished in the oven. Roasted butternut squash with black beans, feta, radishes, jalapenos, avocado and pickled red onions. A squeeze of lime over the whole dish and a sprinkling of cilantro, delicious!











I am loving the cilantro from my garden. The leaves are so delicate. Just fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. Emm emm, that chicken looks delicious. Lovin the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you being inspired to create your next culinary delight? Love the pics. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have your blog on my rss reader on my phone now, so i'll be checking it regularly for updates. no pressure ;-)

    ReplyDelete